- In 2006, TxDOT and Williamson County signed an agreement for the County to build US 183A, US 79 (3 Sections), IH-35 Turnaround Bridges (Georgetown), RM 2338 and FM 1660. TxDOT will reimburse a maximum of $151,942,000.00.
- In 2011, Williamson County signed a second Pass Through Agreement with TxDOT for the construction of northbound frontage roads and ramps on IH-35 in Georgetown. TxDOT will reimburse a maximum of $12,096,700.00 on constructions costs.
- As of September 30, 2015, total outstanding bonds payable debt is $984,313,955 of which $135,984,850 is reimbursable by TxDOT. As of September 30, 2015, $36,235,981 has been reimbursed from TXDOT.
Refunding bonds are issued to pay off outstanding debt and take advantage of lower interest rates. Refunding bonds are only issued if the benefit is to save the Williamson County tax payers money. Three refundings were issued in fiscal year 2015. In October 2014, Williamson County issued a refunding bond in the amount of $77,345,000 with a significant cost savings of $2,989,566 over the next 11 years. In April 2015, Williamson County issued refunding in the amount of $74,295,000 with a cost savings of approximately $5,525,497 net pre- sent value savings over a 20-year period. Also in April 2015, Williamson County issued a taxable refunding in the amount of $29,290,000 with a net present value cost savings of approximately $1,634,609 over an 8 year period.
- On Tuesday, November 5, 2013, Williamson County voters approved $275 million in road bonds and $40 million in park bonds.
- In April 2014, $100 million of authorized Road Bonds and $20 million of authorized Park Bonds were issued.
- In May 2015, $90 million of authorized Road Bonds were issued.
2015 Certificates of Obligations:
- In May 2015, Williamson County issued $59,645,000 to construct buildings for a growing workforce to meet the demands of a growing population. These buildings include the expansion of the North Campus improvements for Sheriff’s Office, EMS and HazMat located on SE Inner Loop and the Sheriff’s Office Training Facility located North of Hutto.